Tier 2 Visa – General Tier 2 Visa (General)


Migrants who have been offered a job in the UK and whose employers have been approved by the UK Visas and Immigration service can apply for a Tier 2 Visa through the General route. This program is the primary entry point for the United Kingdom’s skilled labor market.

If you have a certificate of sponsorship from a British employer and want to work in the UK, Edmans & Co. will help you apply for a Tier 2 visa. If you need expert assistance with your application, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.

The prerequisites, documentation, and rules for a Tier 2 General Visa are covered in this in-depth essay.

Before the conclusion of the Brexit transition period (December 31, 2020), qualifying EU, EEA, and Swiss residents and their family members residing in the UK will be given Settled Status in the UK. It removes immigration restrictions on those returning to the United Kingdom to live and work.

Settled Status is part of the UK form’s EU Settlement Scheme, which was handed to protect the rights of EU nationals and their family components living in the UK after Brexit. Once blessed with Settled Status, someone can stay indefinitely in the UK and appreciate various advantages and services.

General Overview of Tier 2 Visa – General

You can apply for a Tier 2 Visa (General) if you are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and have been offered a skilled job in the UK from a UK employer with a valid Tier 2 sponsorship license.

Your proposed employer must be a UK-based entity with a UKVI sponsorship license; the list of all sponsor license holders can be found here. If the prospective employer does not have a sponsor license, it may be possible to apply for one; please refer to our sponsor license article in the business immigration section for more information.

The applicant must be issued a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) by his employer. CoS holds information on the migrant and the proposed job. The visa or Leave to Remain (LTR) will be issued for the period stated in CoS. The CoS must also confirm that the applicant will be paid an appropriate salary and that the job passed the Residence Labour Market Test (RLMT) unless the applicant is switching inside the UK from a Tier 4 (General) student visa and meets additional requirements. The CoS will then be used to make an application for a Tier 2 (General) visa or LTR.

A partner visa in the UK, also known as a spouse visa / partner visa, is a type of visa that allows a person to join their spouse or partner who is a British citizen or settled person in the UK. This visa classification falls under the Family route of the UK immigration system.

There is an English language requirement of B1 CEFR, and the applicant must show sufficient maintenance of £945 (unless the sponsor is “A-rated” and certified care for the applicant). It is also possible to bring dependants for Tier 2 (General) visa holders.

Read Also: Wonders Of Nature In Africa: Exploring The Continent’s Breathtaking Landscapes