Any time Alexander Graham Bell designed the telephone, little did they realise the positive effect it would have on customer service rapid or the negative effect it could also have!
Yes, the telephone might be a great tool in helping to provide extraordinary customer service, but it can also quickly destroy a customer’s belief in your service. What measures can you take to ensure that you or your staff use the mobile phone adds something beneficial to the customer experience?
Here are several ideas.
This is an old tip, but a single is usually ignored! Deep in thought, you are resting at your desk, writing your regular monthly report and the phone jewellery. “I’ll just finish this kind of sentence quickly… ” anyone says to yourself, and before very long, the phone has rung ten times. The caller is improbable to be in a good mood rapid, assuming he hasn’t hung up!
Just try and keep in mind the last time you lay on the phone with it buzzing and ringing. What photos came into your mind while you had been waiting? An image of the individual you are trying to call seated at his desk talking or casually drinking a cup of coffee? Didn’t get you in a good mood, did it? So just, why put your customers through it?
Seek to answer your phone within 3 to 5 rings. A quick pick-up will get the discussion off to a positive beginning and also avoids your needing to open your conversation by having an apology.
So, get to the telephone as quick as you can.
When you answer the telephone, ensure your voice conveys the actual message, “Pleased to become speaking to you! ” Choose a voice light, bring a sense of enthusiastic emotion to your strength and most importantly, sound excited. You don’t want the unknown caller thinking that you would become doing something else… even if you do!
Have a natural upbeat feeling as part of your opening greeting. Say your own “Good morning” or “Good afternoon” with a robust and excited tone. This will immediately elevate your caller’s spirits and acquire you both off to a practical first step.
If you are having an awful day (and we all purchase them! ), and enforced eagerness is going to be a struggle, stand up along with taking the call. This helps make your voice lighter, plus the change in position and nonverbal communication can have a positive impact. Test it out.
Listen To What They Have To Claim
You may think that you listen intently to all conversations you have. Difficult enough to do this when you find yourself face-to-face with someone, nevertheless over the phone, without eyesight contact, keeping your consideration is even more difficult. It’s way too easy, especially if the caller carries a habit of padding out and about every point he wants to help make, to think about the task you were only interrupted on, or about this chat you had with one of your suppliers earlier. Before long, you’ve lost track of the particular caller is on regarding.
Actively listening to what is becoming said is a skill everybody needs if they are to use the telephone as a tool for excellent customer satisfaction. But how can you keep your consideration focused on what is being explained?
· First, commit on your own so that you will actively listen. Without having a clear commitment, nothing at any time happens
· Take notice during every call, even when you don’t need to. The act of experiencing capturing the caller’s tips will force you to hear. Just focus on writing down keyword phrases, not complete sentences. Usually, you’ll be concentrating on writing but not listening!
· If a significant statement has been made, repeat it in your own words. This will power you to listen for tips worth repeating
· Find out. Don’t go too far, which has a constant barrage of inquiries but ask just enough to take care of mind alert
Active tuning is not just about making sure you decide on all the key points; recharging options is about respecting the mystery caller. They will feel they have been given importance and respect whether or not it’s clear you have been listening. Pertinent questions and the occasional “Umm” can go a long way to making the caller typically feel they have been heard.
If possible, make an effort to remove as many distractions as you can while speaking on the phone, particularly call is essential. If your workplace door is open and general office noise affects your listening, typically ask the caller to hold for a time and close the door.
Company walks into your office if you are taking an important call, reveal for him to stay outdoors or come back. Having someone seated at your desk while you are speaking can be distracting.
If you were working on your computer when the call came through, change and face away from this. You don’t want your eye and mind wandering returning to look at the document you were focusing on!
Respect the caller some remove or avoid anything that may cause your mind to drift off.
When the call ends, it’s essential to finish in a robust and convincing way. Sum up what has been agreed upon and what actions will be taken. Leave the unknown caller in no doubt as to what the next thing is.
Just as your opening had been full of enthusiasm, so when your closing statement. A good, powerful and positive “Good to you and speak to a person soon” closer will bring the phone call to a satisfactory end. Your customer will hang up, understanding that the call was worthwhile.
Solution Phone and Voicemail Communications
If you are not at your desk or office, any recorded information you leave is just as essential in creating the right impact as the actual call. Some people don’t like leaving communications but if your phone has the capacity, use it. By leaving behind a message, your client will have the opportunity to fulfil the reason he called partly. If she is not able to say anything could be frustrating.
Here are some thoughts on how you can record effective messages:
· Write out the message before you decide to record it. Don’t get it done off the cuff, as it will likely be full of “umms” and breaks. It won’t sound professional
· When recording, speak gradually and carefully, making sure that the actual caller can understand all you say. This is especially the case with telephone numbers where you can become reached in an emergency
· Make the message punchy as well as to the point. Don’t fill up it with unnecessary info
· Call your quantity and listen to the meaning. If it doesn’t sound proper, track record it again and again until it can
· Regularly change your meaning to reflect what you are undertaking. If you are away on your annual vacation, give a date when you will be back. If you are out limited to the morning, tell the mystery caller you will return to speak to them in the afternoon. Messages that happen to be up to date will make the mystery caller more confident about leaving some text
If used correctly calling can be a great asset throughout building a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service. Used inaccurately, it can damage your business and offer another reason for your customers to travel and take their organization elsewhere.
© Robert Warlow
Small Business Success.
Read also: How To Fix Audio Problems With The Microsoft Audio Troubleshooter