The logo of a company or firm is, first of all, a graphic (or text) image that serves as a representative person or a “business card” for a start-up or an existing business. It (the logo) is responsible for expressing the main direction of the company’s or firm’s work, as well as its values and significant brand characteristics. The logo also tends to symbolize a certain concept.
The logo for the brand of a company or firm is developed to easily recognize an existing or novice brand and maximize the attention of the target audience (buyers) and distinguish it from competitors.
The advantages of logos include:
- distinctive features (the logo makes it clear to the client from whom a particular product is purchased);
- associative series (the image of the logo immediately appears in the memory of the customer-consumer when it comes to a company or a product that a certain company produces);
- advertising (a brand, company or firm is advertised, this is done through the publication of the logo on various media);
- guarantee (looking at the logo, the target audience will see and understand that the company recommends this product and service, as well as its high quality).
If there is no logo, then the company (firm) will not be able to interact effectively and purposefully with its desired audience. Also, a company or firm cannot inform her about the quality of services or products, make advertising, attract everyone’s attention. The firm cannot influence the choice of buyers and form the loyalty of its customers.
Now it is difficult to find a company (firm) that does not have a logo at all, because most managers and heads of PR departments understand the importance of a good logo and all the functions that it can perform for good business.
In order for the logo to be good and effective, you need to determine the identity of your own brand, because the logo is its basis, and that is why it is very important to understand its identity before the development is completed.
First of all, you need to highlight the history of the business, and then – its mission. The mission of the business is a short paragraph where such signs as:
- The scope of the firm or company;
- The reason (or several) why the business is aimed specifically at this area of activity;
- For whom this business exists.
In addition to the above points, it is also very important to be able to express your own vision of the business (firm or company), as well as its future. This text indicates:
- Existing ideas about business in a few years;
- The identified list of problems that this business solves;
- What changes will be given to people and society as a whole.
It is very important to take into account all these points so that the logo will last as long as possible, so as not to redo it every few years for no particular reason. A company or firm can change the logo and has the right to do so, but the best solution would be to make yourself an initially strong logo so that there are no additional design problems.
To begin with, it is worth having an idea of what corporate spelling is. This is the name of the original (own) graphic image, which will maximally reflect the value of the future or already existing brand of the company or firm.
It is important to understand that it is not always worth using fonts to create logos in their original form, they can be recycled: to specify distances, nodes, change (or completely create) individual letters. Small improvements will justify themselves – it will give the image of the logo uniqueness and recognition among others.
The classification of logos includes:
- Text logos (in turn, they are also divided into: element + text, sign + text, digit + text);
- Combined logos;
If a company or firm has decided for themselves that they need just such a logo, then you need to pay special attention to it. Even the chosen language plays an important role here. The orientation of the letters in the logo, the difference in fonts, the distance between the first and last letter and other very important points also matter.
Text logos are logos in which the main component is text. All the customers’ attention will be focused on him.
Combined logos are not a pure type of logo, but an opportunity to make versions for all occasions, taking advantage of different design options. This combination of signs, corporate logos and corporate spellings is a complete and competent combination of options.
This type of logo is not only the oldest and most proven but also the most difficult because it is a whole mini-picture that must be verified and flawless. Logos emblems can also include complex portrait images.
So, drawing a conclusion from all that has been said, you can easily understand how important logos are for a company or firm. And it doesn’t matter if the company has been around for a long time or is just starting its way in business.