Commercial roof coatings are a great way to protect your business from the elements. There are many different types of coatings available, and each one has its benefits and drawbacks. Make sure you do your research before you decide so that you can find the right coating for your business!
Common types of commercial roof coatings
There are many different types of commercial roof coatings available on the market, but the most common ones are:
1. Elastomeric coatings: Elastomeric coatings are made of rubber or plastic, providing a very watertight seal. They’re also relatively affordable, and they can be applied relatively easily. However, they tend to fade over time, and they can be prone to cracking.
2. Silicone coatings: Silicone coatings are made of silicone, making them resistant to both water and UV rays. They’re also durable and long-lasting, but they can be a bit more expensive than other types of coatings.
3. Acrylic coatings: Acrylic coatings are made from acrylic or a derivative of rubber or plastic, and they provide a good watertight seal. They aren’t quite as durable as silicone coatings, making them less expensive.
4. TPO coatings: TPO (thermoplastic olefin) layers combine the best properties of both elastomeric and silicone coatings, making them extremely durable and long-lasting while also making them affordable.
5. PVC/Vinyl coatings: Vinyl/PVC roofing is completely waterproof, and it doesn’t fade in bright sunlight like other types of roof coverings. It’s very strong and flexible, so it can stand up to harsh weather conditions without flinching. On the other hand, it’s also fairly expensive, and it isn’t very resistant to cracking.
Advantages and disadvantages of each type
1. Elastomeric coatings:
-Easy to apply
-Fades over time
-Prone to cracking
2. Silicone coatings:
-Resistant to water and UV rays
-Durable and long-lasting
-More expensive than other types of coatings
3. Acrylic coatings:
-Provides good watertight seal
-Not as durable as silicone coatings
-Less expensive than silicone coatings
4. TPO coatings:
-Combines the best properties of elastomeric and silicone coatings
-Extremely durable and long-lasting
5. Vinyl/PVC coatings:
-Doesn’t fade in bright sunlight
-Very strong and flexible
-Not as resistant to cracking as other types of commercial roof coatings.
Tips for choosing a coating
Elastomeric coatings are generally the most affordable option, but they don’t provide as much protection as silicone or acrylic roof coatings. If you’re looking for a coating that will protect your business from both water and UV rays, you should go with either TPO or vinyl/PVC. You can apply elastomeric or acrylic coatings fairly easily with sprayers, but it’s usually best to hire a professional whenever you’re using other types of commercial roof coatings.
In conclusion, there are many different types of commercial roof coatings available today, and each one has its benefits and drawbacks. Make sure you do your research before choosing a type of roofing material to make sure you get the most effective coating for your business.
Read Also: Four Main Types Of Roof Fix Options