To waste time on routine tasks, organization, and approval and therefore become most efficient in their fields.
That is why Salesforce became revolutionary in the late 90s and allowed automated cloud-based CRM for all sorts of companies. The demand for automated solutions grew, and Salesforce started to work on more focused solutions tailored to specific tasks. Salesforce Process Builder has become another popular automation tool.
In this article, we will compare the platforms and examine their similarities and differences to understand how businesses can make informed decisions when selecting automation tools. If you know these differences, you can confidently answer any salesforce interview questions and answers task.
Workflow and Process Builder – what do they do, and how are they different?
Salesforce Workflow is a solution that automates all essential vital processes in the company’s work, so team members no longer have to do it manually. Salesforce Workflow makes it possible to automate and improve every critical step of a task, from making the task to processing documents and reports.
Here is what Salesforce Workflow provides:
- Creating tasks automatically – whether for one particular team member or a whole department, Salesforce Workflow will automatically create a necessary job and provide the data and processing tools that allow it to complete it;
- Status updates – the created tasks can instantly be adjusted according to the new data about every business process. The workflow will create and edit tasks according to payment being made or canceled, shipment status, customer availability, etc.;
- Instant messaging – Salesforce workflow also makes communication within the system or with customers instant and seamless. As soon as the status changes, there are any updates or additional requests, the relevant team member or customer gets notified through the most convenient communication channels.
Salesforce Process Builder is intended to assist teams in navigating business processes. Every small change or update introduced into any process, every new demand or change in the approach, is introduced automatically and seamlessly in the related business processes automatically and seamlessly. Every team member gets updated instantly.
- Instant and secure identification – Salesforce process builder creates relevant records and makes pertinent updates of them when the data changes or is added due to a change in the operation or status of a specific task or work process;
- Schedules and deadlines – Salesforce Process builder allows the most efficient planning by automatically determining the best scheduling for every task. Based on the data about the previous operation, the Process builder will introduce specific functions at a particular time and help to determine the most efficient timetable for every process;
- Customization – every user can create as many milestones, nodes, and additional criteria for every task as they need to make the process most efficient. From now on, those can be transferrable commands that will be reflected in further tasking or one-time moves.
Choosing between Workflow and Process Builder.
So, how does a company choose between Workflow and Process Builder when both services offer similar solutions? Let’s look at the critical details that distinguish between the two services and the companies most benefit from them.
Workflow is perfect for:
- Processing large amounts of data and automating all the possible aspects to save as much time and effort as possible;
- Startups or new companies that start discovering and working out their policies. Salesforce Workflow has a user-friendly interface and is suitable for users and Salesforce Admins who are only beginning to master the platform;
- Companies that have a clear understanding of their point A and point B process. Workflow allows automation of as much of the operation as possible and prevents it from going sideways in the planning and execution.
Process Builder allows to:
- Customize the process. Every user can control and adjust every step of the process, cancel or go back in the planning if something goes off or does not work;
- Allows variability. Process builder will enable us to see more than one outcome at a certain point of time in the planning process;
- Introduce as many details and relevant information in the planning process as needed to achieve the most precise result. However, for the same reason, it requires more complex technical skills and knowledge from the user than the Salesforce workflow.
The difference between Salesforce Workflow and Salesforce Process Builder is mainly the difference in the size and complexity of a company’s operation, the volume, or relevant criteria that can affect the final result.
If you want to fully understand the nature and principles of Salesforce CRM solutions, become the go-to professional in your company, or discover new career opportunities, focus on your Salesforce training and certification as soon as possible.
Read Also: Have More Expertise In The Services That A Roofing Specialist Provides