Getting nervous while seeing “Error 12007: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server?” If yes, then you are at the right place because here, we are going to tell you about the unique ways to troubleshoot this issue. You can have the above text while updating the payroll feature. This can lead to several issues within the system. But, there is no need to be worried more as here are the best possible solutions. Make sure to get into the full post before conducting any of the following steps.
QuickBooks Error 12007: Meaning and Causes
You might face this error at the time of updating payroll. Various users find it an agitated issue because of the further consequences it brings. Well, the text not only tells you about the network timeout cause but also about the solutions such as examining the Internet connection setup. Also, not only just this reason but there are various working behind the system that you can know in the list below.
Several Causes that bring QuickBooks Error 12007
There are lots of reasons behind this error occurrence. Such as:
- SSL is not set correctly.
- Blocking is caused by a firewall or internet security settings.
- Mis-configuration of the QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks becomes unable to connect to the desktop.
- An improper internet connection slows down the updating procedure.
- Internet explorer is not used as the default browser.
All of these causes result in the error issue. So, make sure to eliminate each one of them to work smoothly on your system.
Top Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12007
Listed below are some of the best methods that you can try for troubleshooting this error.
Solution 1: Reset QuickBooks Update Setting
- To begin, restart the system.
- Now, try to reset the QuickBooks updates.
- Make sure that you download the update.
- After that, open the QB file in a single-user environment on the server.
- Consequently, try to download and install the newest QuickBooks update.
Solution 2: Internet Explorer Should Run as the Default Browser
- In the first place, you need to head towards Internet Explorer.
- Once done, move towards the other tab named Tools.
- Now, you need to select the Internet option.
- Make sure to choose the Programs tab.
- After that, click on Make default.
- Proceed further by hitting OK.
- Just close the Internet Explorer now.
Solution 3: Fix Internet Explorer’s Installation Issues
If any of these two solutions would not fix the QuickBooks 2009 update error 12007, then make sure to get into this one and try to fix the installation issues that come up with the Internet explorer.
- Initiate the procedure by shutting all the applications running on your device.
- Now, just access the run window.
- You can do it by hitting the Windows + R button.
- Enter the inetcpl.cpl there.
- Hit OK.
- Head towards the Advanced tab when the Internet Options window pops up.
- Go through the Reset Internet Explorer and choose Reset from there.
- Put a tick mark on the tab named Delete personal settings.
- Navigate towards the Close tab.
- Just check if the error gets fixed or not by starting the software again.
Solution 4: Verify the Internet Explorer Configuration
Proceed with this solution if you still face error and try to examine the Internet explorer configuration with the following steps:
- Open the Internet Explorer window and choose the gear icon located on the upper right side.
- Go through the drop-down carefully and choose Internet options.
- Once done, head towards the Connection tab.
- Make sure that you selected the LAN settings.
- Head towards the tab Automatically detect settings and put a checkmark there.
- Servers must be blanked while you update the QuickBooks software.
- Save all the changes made till now.
- Consequently, navigate towards the Advanced tab.
- Now, the user needs to find out the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- Put checkmarks on both of these SSLs.
- Afterwards, you need to remove the tick from the Check for Publisher’s certificate.
- Move below with the help of the cursor and remove the checkmark from TLS 1.2.
- The user is also required to examine that TLS 1.1 is checked.
Solution 5: Clean Installation of QuickBooks
This is the last solution that we will do in three simple steps including uninstalling the QuickBooks desktop, renaming the installation folders, and reinstalling QuickBooks on the device. So, now, let’s start the procedure with the first step.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Software
- First of all, you need to access the run window by hitting the two tabs named Windows and R.
- After that, you will see a blank field, just enter the Control Panel there.
- Make sure that you hit the Enter button.
- Thereafter, choose OK.
- Once done, move towards the Programs and Features option.
- From there, choose blue-colored Uninstall a Program.
- Now, you need to find out the QuickBooks program for uninstallation purposes.
- Choose another tab named Uninstall/Change.
- Thereafter, move towards the Uninstall button.
- A new window will appear with some guidelines, make sure to follow each step carefully.
Step 2: Rename QuickBooks Installation Folders
- To begin with, just set Windows to Display hidden files and folders.
- Now, navigate towards the Windows File Manager.
- Hit the Windows + E button.
- Head towards the QuickBooks installation folder that you can find on following locations:
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks
- C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Once found out, choose the Rename option and add .old as an extension.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks
We have to ensure that the clean install tool is installed on the device for reinstalling the software. After that, move with the following steps:
- Use the CD to install the software.
- Go through the instructions of the wizard.
- Hit the Next button.
- Tap on the license agreement.
- Thereafter, choose Next.
- Enter the license number and product number.
- Make sure to choose Next.
- Select the Installation type.
- Again, hit Next.
- Thereafter, choose Install.
- Open the QB software once the desktop has been installed.
So, these are the following ways through which you can troubleshoot the error and proceed with the task related to updating QuickBooks and payroll. We hope that the guide above has resolved the doubts of the issue.